Scientists at Berkeley have used brain imaging to reveal — to an approximation — the movies in our mind. The dual video below shows, on the left, the movie clips the subjects were shown and, on the right, the scenes that the computer “believed” those subjects were viewing. Though amazing science underlies it, this story does not leave me with feelings about the future that are altogether warm, fuzzy, and hopeful. More details and many interesting comments can be found here.
- Ameena Matthews: Making a Peaceful Difference on the Streets of Chicago
- The environmental cost of eating shrimp is off the charts
- Woz Larry Summers who dunnit
- The “total return” for the broad stock market (S&P 500 Index) has declined by 30% in real terms since the March, 2000 peak
- Need help with your movie popcorn habit? Try eating it with your other hand
Top Posts & Pages