Geithner wasn’t chosen and hasn’t remained [Treasury Secretary] despite being “associated with the deregulatory policies of the past” and despite being the bankers’ “man in Washington.” He is empowered precisely because of those facts, as was pointed out even before Obama’s inauguration. That Geithner and Summers were empowered after enabling the financial crisis through Wall Street subservience isn’t a mystery; it’s the explanation.
- Ameena Matthews: Making a Peaceful Difference on the Streets of Chicago
- The environmental cost of eating shrimp is off the charts
- Woz Larry Summers who dunnit
- The “total return” for the broad stock market (S&P 500 Index) has declined by 30% in real terms since the March, 2000 peak
- Need help with your movie popcorn habit? Try eating it with your other hand
Top Posts & Pages