In the spirit of Michael Lofgren’s essay about recent dramatic changes in the GOP, I have collected articles written by 11 prominent conservatives about their unhappiness with the increasingly extreme nature of the ideology, strategy, and tactics of today’s Republican Party. Some of them expressed these concerns after the debt-ceiling debacle of August, 2011. Other articles were written at the end of George W. Bush’s second term. In many instances, these individuals have completed the transition from GOP leader to GOP apostate, even while they remain resolutely conservative. Excerpts, including links to the complete articles or interviews, appear after the jump. If you know of others in the same vein, please email me or leave a comment. The complete post can be found here.
- Ameena Matthews: Making a Peaceful Difference on the Streets of Chicago
- The environmental cost of eating shrimp is off the charts
- Woz Larry Summers who dunnit
- The “total return” for the broad stock market (S&P 500 Index) has declined by 30% in real terms since the March, 2000 peak
- Need help with your movie popcorn habit? Try eating it with your other hand
Top Posts & Pages