Harvard professor of commercial law, former Oklahoma high school debate champion, and outspoken critic of Wall Street, Elizabeth Warren, will announce tomorrow that she’s running for Scott Brown’s U.S. Senate seat in Massachusetts. I hope she kicks his butt. If ever there was a person seeking high office in order to do the right thing it’s Warren. She tells truth to power, giving Treasury Secretary Geithner this woodshed moment for the ages. And she knows more about Wall Street than just about anyone. Here are two terrific interviews on NPR’s Fresh Air: (1) her critique of the credit card industry and (2) her thoughts on the effects and causes of the foreclosure crisis. Note to Professor Warren: if the Senate gig doesn’t work out, run for President.
- Ameena Matthews: Making a Peaceful Difference on the Streets of Chicago
- The environmental cost of eating shrimp is off the charts
- Woz Larry Summers who dunnit
- The “total return” for the broad stock market (S&P 500 Index) has declined by 30% in real terms since the March, 2000 peak
- Need help with your movie popcorn habit? Try eating it with your other hand
Top Posts & Pages