And here she is singing the same piece, her signature song, in 1977. Though the acoustics of the performance space in 1977 beat Shea Stadium to bits, though she was in better voice then, had a svelter bod and better moves — the 1977 rendition was just another good performance. The 2001 rendition brought many struggling to regain their footing after Sept. 11 to tears.
- Ameena Matthews: Making a Peaceful Difference on the Streets of Chicago
- The environmental cost of eating shrimp is off the charts
- Woz Larry Summers who dunnit
- The “total return” for the broad stock market (S&P 500 Index) has declined by 30% in real terms since the March, 2000 peak
- Need help with your movie popcorn habit? Try eating it with your other hand
Top Posts & Pages