With all of this talk of churches and virtue flying around, a Bach cantata seems appropriate. The German lyrics to BWV 140 are based on the Parable of the Virgins, about the importance of being prepared to be judged. This is one of Bach’s very best cantatas, chosen for that reason as well its relevance to David French’s views, critiqued below.
- Ameena Matthews: Making a Peaceful Difference on the Streets of Chicago
- The environmental cost of eating shrimp is off the charts
- Woz Larry Summers who dunnit
- The “total return” for the broad stock market (S&P 500 Index) has declined by 30% in real terms since the March, 2000 peak
- Need help with your movie popcorn habit? Try eating it with your other hand
Top Posts & Pages