This photograph of the Mirador de San Nicolas in Granada, Spain, is among my favorites. The dark-haired lady with her back to us is selling castanets. The well-dressed tourist with hands on hips and wearing a Rolex (trust me on that) is bargaining hard, seeking to save perhaps a couple of Euros. Some onlookers seem embarrassed. Others not so much. In the deep background is the Alhambra, the ancient and marvelous Moorish palace erected in the 1300s for the Muslim Emir who then ruled.
- Ameena Matthews: Making a Peaceful Difference on the Streets of Chicago
- The environmental cost of eating shrimp is off the charts
- Woz Larry Summers who dunnit
- The “total return” for the broad stock market (S&P 500 Index) has declined by 30% in real terms since the March, 2000 peak
- Need help with your movie popcorn habit? Try eating it with your other hand
Top Posts & Pages