I am out of town for much of today, and regret that I cannot elaborate at length on this post by Andrew Sprung discussing the decision of President Lincoln — whom Obama has said he greatly admires — to go to war rather than see the union dissolved, and how the speeches Lincoln gave bear upon it.
- Ameena Matthews: Making a Peaceful Difference on the Streets of Chicago
- The environmental cost of eating shrimp is off the charts
- Woz Larry Summers who dunnit
- The “total return” for the broad stock market (S&P 500 Index) has declined by 30% in real terms since the March, 2000 peak
- Need help with your movie popcorn habit? Try eating it with your other hand
Top Posts & Pages