- Ameena Matthews: Making a Peaceful Difference on the Streets of Chicago
- The environmental cost of eating shrimp is off the charts
- Woz Larry Summers who dunnit
- The “total return” for the broad stock market (S&P 500 Index) has declined by 30% in real terms since the March, 2000 peak
- Need help with your movie popcorn habit? Try eating it with your other hand
Top Posts & Pages
Monthly Archives: August 2011
Kim Bhasin: Public outcry against lofty executive compensation has been constant since the beginning of the financial crisis, and a new study from the Institute for Policy Studies is sure to fan the flames even more. The Washington think tank … Continue reading
A photo that only works in black & white.
Gay soldier on duty at White House thanks the President for ending “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” “outing” himself in the process
Zack Beauchamp via the Daily Dish: In anticipation of the September 20 end of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, GQ interviewed gay soldiers from the past 70 years about their experiences. From a Marine on White House duty: Since I’m a … Continue reading
The conversation in this video is eerily similar to one I recall overhearing between two college debaters in the back of a university van in 1983.